Peak Fitness And Nutrition
Attain And Maintain
Peak Fitness After 50
We are here to explore peak fitness and nutrition after 50. Real solutions for those 50 and beyond. Staying young and enjoying retirement and a healthy lifestyle for years to come is our goal.
A Healthy Lifestyle Might Include Some Lifestyle Changes
- Being prepared: Like having low calorie snacks ready and with you. Spiking and dropping blood sugars create havoc on your energy levels. Be prepared with good snacks between 150 and 175 calories. This is a great way to keep from over eating.
- Adopting a diet with more protein rich foods low in calories. Find a list of great protein options here.
- Increasing your fiber intake through your diet. Benefits include quite a long list, some might surprise you. A high fiber diet plan is a simple solution. We've included an extensive list to get you started.
- A fiber supplement to help stop absoption of calories and give you that feeling of fullness so you can eat less calories without going hungry.
- Exercise with set targets for yourself having a target or goal can
really help you stay on track. Think about what your targets are, do you
want to lose 10% of your weight? Do you want to be able to walk two miles a day, or maybe walk a 5K? Whatever your target is write it down and use it to help you focus and achieve.
- Take up an outdoor hobby,
having an outdoor hobby like nordic walking, gardening, bird watching, or taking
pictures of scenery can get you that little bit of additional exercise
you might be missing and help you to reach your peak fitness. You'll
also get some vitamin D and the sun and fresh air will boost your
- Beware of eating out there are lots of
dangers to senior fitness in doing so because many sauces and dressings
used in restaurants contain unhealthy ingredients and are heavy with
calories. Too much sodium! Too much fat! How many calories? We would
never say don't eat out, but eat out sparingly and when you do eat
simply. Salads with the dressing on the side, then use just a small
amount. Eat lean meats, chicken and turkey are very good low calorie options. Have them prepared simply without breading and gravy and
all the added calories. All of these small changes will help you reach
your peak fitness.
- Using these holiday diet tips will cut the calories this season. You can use these tips not only during the Holiday Season but anytime you are out and about socializing.
- Increase your exercise at your own pace
and don't over exert. We do encourage you to push yourself a bit,
increase your intensity and duration but don't over do it. Always
consult with your Dr. before you start a new program they can explain
how a program might affect any health conditions you have.
- Eat smaller meals more often
this change has shown through research that people tend to consume less
calories because it helps control blood sugar spikes. Fasting long hours between meals can sometimes cause people
to overeat when they do get to the table. Overeating always makes it
more difficult to reach your peak fitness.
- Remember rest is important.
It's important to get enough sleep for optimum weight and it's
important to rest your muscles so they can regenerate and grow after
workouts. Rest is important for our bodies to function at peak fitness.
Do cardio like walking or jogging one day and strength training like
lifting weights and resistance exercise programs the next. By doing
this, you let your muscles rest and heal between strength training
- Try growing some fresh fruits and vegetables
they will be wonderful for your diet, taste great and the sun and
exercise you get from working in the garden, even a small garden, will
help you attain your goals.
- Invest in some home gym equipment
and save money and time at the Dr.'s. office. You can invest a very small
amount of money in senior citizen exercise tools by using free weights
and dumb bells and smaller equipment like an exercise bike. If you can
afford to invest more consider a treadmill or an elliptical machine. An
elliptical machine is much easier or the joints then the treadmill. You
can get more information about the elliptical here.
- Join a local club and workout with friends.
Reaching peak fitness can be fun. Working out with a friend or a group
is motivating because not only are you getting good exercise you're also
getting social interaction. As a group you can inspire and encourage
each other as you reach your weight loss goals.
- You might consider a senior exercise instructor or a workout CD is a good alternative.
If you come from a rural area where gyms are not available, the CD workouts are a great option.
We've used several of them and they are great. Most of them have 5 or
more workouts on one CD and you can mix and match the workouts doing 1, 2
or all 5, you get to decide.
Now it's the time in your life to
finally take some time for you. Make your decision to lose weight to
exercise your body and create for yourself a strong healthy physique for
years to come.
Peak Fitness Has Changed Over Our Lifetime
We are 50 and beyond now. My husband and I and my entire family of 15 siblings. Most of us were born during the baby boomer generation technically, although myself and my husband were on the tail end of the
era. I was also near the tail end of my generation of siblings.
Today, fitness and nutrition are important issues. Not so much back when I was growing up on the farm. Then, lard was a staple
in our kitchen. We used it to cook our breakfast pancakes and our daily
fried chicken dinners. There wasn't any concern about protein count or fiber content.
There are the farm, dinner was the noon meal and
lard was used again for making supper of fried pork chops or whatever was on the menu.
know that word lard sounds awful with all the health information
available today. But truth is, all in all we ate pretty healthy back on
the farm. Probably healthier than a lot of people today whose diets
consist of so many convenient preprocessed foods. Some of which have
little or no nutritional value at all.
During that time exercise
was not something we did on the treadmill or elliptical. It was
something we did outdoors while we were feeding the cows by hand.
Carrying one 5 gallon bucket of corn in each hand to feed a pen of fat
cattle. These physical chores went on for hours a day and no other
exercise was needed.
Maintaining peak fitness after 50
now, in a more modern lifestyle is very different and more important for
our health then just for our looks. Bad habits can quickly deteriorate
our health, but the good news is that you can change those habits and
lead a healthy lifestyle.
The one most important keys of peak fitness and nutrition is a proper weight and emotional well being. Obesity is an epidemic in America and a major cause for illness, disease and even death
as we age. Obesity often has underlying issues at it's core. Those
issues are sometimes medical but more often than not they are emotional.
only real way to solve an obesity issue that stems from an emotional
condition, is to first repair your emotional state of mind. After 50 and
beyond your mindset is even more critical than any time in your
life. Because you've been thinking the same thoughts and having the same
emotional feelings running through your mind for quite some time.
We recommend hypnosis and weight loss affirmations
for this work. These are incredible tools that will give you a quick
positive start as you look to change your habits and reach your peak
fitness. They will retrain your mind to wanting, to make better choices
regarding issues of food choices, exercise and fitness.
We'll Research Tools For Success
Your emotional state of mind,
how you feel about yourself could be the one ingredient you've been
missing in your weight loss journey. Self hypnosis for weight loss can
help you be thinner, healthier, more confident and look great in the
coming years. Self Hypnosis
is a very powerful tool and if you have a negative mindset, probably
the most important tool to start with in your goal to reach peak
How do you know if you have a negative mindset? Quite simply ask yourself a few simple questions.
Do you feel ashamed or badly about yourself after an eating session? Do
you overeat and feel uncomfortable? Do you hide your eating? Are you
uncomfortable around food and feel like it's the enemy?
If you can answer yes to some of these questions you are harboring a negative attitude towards food. Food is not the enemy, food is fuel for your body, nothing more, nothing less.
your attitude about food from the inside and your physical body will
change on the outside, more quickly than you can imagine.
movement AKA exercise is a critical tool for success in muscle growth and peak fitness.
It can be a critical aid in weight loss and weight management but it is
not a necessary ingredient. Regular exercise however as we age is also a
powerful tool for balance and preventing aches and pains that others often experience.
Regular physical activity will help you create a calorie deficit
this is the key ingredient in weight loss. Regular physical activity is
also the key ingredient in maintaining once you've reached your weight
The weight loss is a result of your body burning more
calories than you are consuming. It's all a math equation. Burn more
calories than you consume and you'll lose weight. But getting there is going to take a little more information.
Nutrition and peak fitness is the ultimate goal and the benefits are well worth the effort.
- Reduced risk of diabetes even more reduction than from weight loss alone.
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Reduced blood pressure,
many patients have been able with their Dr.'s advice, to reduce and
even eliminate their medication after weight loss and adding physical
- Reduced weight can lessen your risk of stroke,
heart attack, several cancers and type 2 diabetes. Weight loss will
reduce your pain from forms of arthritis and reduces falls and risk of
- Even a small percentage of weight loss will have a positive effect on your health and be a step towards peak fitness.
- After just 4 to 6 weeks of regular activity you will see and feel a measurable difference in your body. Actually quicker than that, your fitness levels will improve.
- Smoking is very dangerous and experts say inactivity can be just as dangerous to your health.
- Quick 15 to 20 minutes bouts of exercise throughout your day are just as effective as a full blown workout.
- Fight off the flu and colds by boosting your immune system with physical activity. It will also reduce your risk of cancer diabetes and many other chronic diseases.
- Use hcg for weight loss, read breakthrough information under our weight loss supplements page. Many people are having success using it short term to get a good start, or as the final push for the hard to lose weight.
- Weight loss protein shakes
are a powerful tool especially after working out because they help
repair and build muscle tissue, increasing your metabolism and helping
you reach peak fitness.
- Find out how to burn 300% more fat in our exercise section under the aerobic page.
- Increase your body's metabolism and watch the weight drop off naturally.
- Our diet tips page gives you easy simple tips to lose weight without using any drugs or expensive equipment. Even without dieting you can reach your peak fitness goals.
- Under supplements you'll learn how the different products target weight loss in different ways. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find the method that your body will respond too.
goal is to help you not only lose your excess weight, but to create a
healthy body for a life of longevity, joy, success and love.
Weight Loss Supplements Reviews
- Reward yourself
occasionally especially when you reach a goal it's a great way to help
keep you motivated and moving toward your goal of peak fitness. Not with
food but with something like a new outfit. A new scarf or nail polish.
Your reward doesn't have to be expensive or elaborate.
Weight Loss Supplements Reviews, The good, and the bad.Diet Tips For Teens
Diet tips for teens and others looking for safe diet ideas. Succeed with our free diet weight loss tips.Exercise To Lose Weight
Exercise is not a dirty word, it can be fun and rewarding find out how.Free Workout Plans for Your Weight Loss Success
Our free workout plans will lead you to your successful weight loss.Think Thin Weight Loss Program
Using Your Imagine You can Think Thin and Lose Weight, Kiss Willpower Goodbye and Put Your Imagination to Work!!Positive Thoughts Weight Loss Journal
Keep A Weight Loss Journal of Positive Thoughts for Your SuccessYour Weight Loss Answers Blog
Peak Fitness and Weight Loss After 50
This blogs to tell you about reaching your peak fitness and finding
solutions for weight loss including how your thoughts effect your
weight.Weight Loss Self Hypnosis Tapes
How and Why Weight Loss Self Hypnosis Tapes WorkWeight Loss Programs
A List of Weight Loss Programs With One To Fit Your LifestyleWeightloss Tracker Tools
Weightloss tracker tools to help guarantee success.Weight Loss Program Articles
Weight Loss Program Articles Researched EvidenceThe Best Weight Loss Foods Actually Help You Lose Weight
In the Shangri-La Diet you'll find the best weight loss foods that actually help you lose weight.Exercise For Senior Citizens
Benefits Of Exercise For Senior CitizensWeightloss Foods To Eat Without Guilt
Looking for excellent weightloss foods? Great real food you can eat and still lose weight.Benefits of Weight Loss
Life Changing Benefits of Permanent Weight LossUse Hoodia Supplements for Weight Loss
Hoodia Gordonii is an appetite suppressant showcased on daytime TV to help you lose weight.Burn Fat
Burn fat by eating the right foods.Protein Rich Foods
Find protein rich foods and how to increase protein in your diet.Weight Loss Affirmations
Weight Loss Affirmations Including A List To Frame Your DayThe Benefits Of Walking
The benefits of walking include a longer healthier more independent life.Walking Without Shoes
Walking without shoes will give you remarkable benefits.